We are looking for a Juniper Network Support Engineer to work in well practiced team environments, providing support of customer infrastructure and technology.
Charter, a highly respected and value driven VAR, delivers voice and collaboration solutions as well as many other technology verticals including routing and switching, data center, cloud, wireless and security. Partnering with several industry leading vendors, Charter solutions are diverse, flexible and deliver business outcomes. The Juniper Network Support Engineer will participate in a wide variety of activities, providing the candidate with opportunity for a high growth career and personal enrichment.
The role is diverse in its exposure to technology and vendors but is focused on Juniper network support. While it is not mandatory that candidates have skills in all of the areas listed below, priority consideration will be given to those that possess previous experience in several areas and desire to broaden their exposure and experience to align with the tactical and strategic directions within Charter.
Charter partners with a number of top technology vendors, including Cisco Systems, Juniper, Extreme, NetApp, Microsoft/Azure and others. We require engineers with planning, design and hands on experience in the following areas and vendors. The candidate should come with a strong ability to learn and adapt quickly to as many as possible:
- Unified Communications (Voice) – Cisco, Webex, Microsoft Teams/Skype
- Cloud – O365, Active Directory, Azure, Skype for Business/Teams
- Routing and Switching – Cisco Catalyst/ISR, Juniper EX/MX/SRX, Meraki
- Perimeter Security Firewalls – Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX, Meraki, Palo Alto
- Wireless – Cisco, Meraki, Juniper MIST, AeroHive
- Data Center – Cisco UCS, NetApp, Veeam, Vmware
- Management Platforms – Cisco Prime, Juniper Space, SKY ATP
- Automation – Powershell, Ansible, Puppet, Python
In addition to the above, the candidates should highlight any additional relevant technical skills that may be applicable to the Charter business.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Work cooperatively within a team to provide support to Charter customers.
- Attend team huddles and be an active participant team planning activities.
- Bring subject matter expertise and leadership in the area of Juniper network support.
- Use provided workflow tools to reflect the current status of tickets, tasks, effort/labour etc.
- Identify areas to create, improve and maintain Charter intellectual property in the form of configuration templates, testing guides and other tools that assist in allowing Charter to be efficient and support with high quality.
- Work collaboratively within the broader engineering team (pre-sales, architecture, project delivery) to bring your skills to bear where and when they are required.
- Provides timely delivery of customer communications regarding troubleshooting and restoration of services.
- Tier 2 Remote Support & incident resolution
- Develops, maintains, and continually improves standardized work practices.
- Work with Aligned vendors for Tier 3 Support
- Assist in establishing governance, process and identify efficiencies.
- Providing reports and activity updates to Team Lead / Supervisor
Culture Building and Professional Development
- Engage deeply within the Charter company as a whole, becoming active in the company community and culture.
- Attend company town halls and events, focused on bringing people together and aligning to a single vision. Participate actively when appropriate.
- Use available social and collaboration tools to engage broadly with the company in a positive and constructive manner.
- Provide mentorship to others in areas of subject matter expertise and personal growth and management.
- Recognize Charter company values and strive to apply them to your position and personal relationship with individuals and the company itself.
- Explore and seize opportunities for growth that benefit both yourself and Charter, aligning with the overall vision.
- Engage strongly in professional development activities with your mentors, reporting manager and HR to ensure growth, fulfillment and overall success for all parties.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ year’s previous hands-on technical experience with Juniper network technologies.
- Competence in the configuration and troubleshooting of networking hardware, specifically switches, routers, firewalls and wireless access points considered a strong asset.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain and hold industry certifications such as JCNA or JCNP. Current certifications are not mandatory, but it is expected the candidate will obtain what is necessary as part of professional development.
- Demonstrated experience in working within teams to support IT environments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and able to read and write in English in a professional manner.
- Ability to create technical documentation, both written and diagrammatical using tools such as Word, Power Point and Visio.
- Strong interpersonal skills; proven team player with ability to deliver outstanding product/service and build relationships with clients.
- Self-motivated; demonstrated ability to take initiative, effectively prioritize tasks and accomplish goals with minimal supervision.
- Authorized to work in Canada.
- Overtime as required
- Part of on-call rotation
- Minimal Travel – Less than 10%
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package with profit sharing
- Paid vacation and sick days